Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Inklobgs: Hong Kong Macau Tour (Friendster on 6.13.06)













The story starts late last year when I saw that I had expiring miles as of yearend from my mabuhay miles account so before the year ended I had to rush to PAL to use up my mileage points and book a trip for me. Fortunately, I had enough miles to cover for a trip to Hong Kong. And finally after using up my three rebookings I finally did push thru with my vacation last June 2-12 and was back in Hong Kong after more than 2 years since my last visit.

June 2 - 6 pm - Flight to Hong Kong to Manila

Spent my first two days spending an ordinary weekend with my cousin's family and shopping. Also spend much time bonding with my fave Inaanak Yna...

June 5 - Macau Trip

Took the ferry to Macau at 9:30 am then proceeded to the Macau Tower where I Skywalked 233m above. Didn't take the sky jump because it was too expensive (aroundPhp5k-6k). Then preceeded to Ruins of St. Paul and walked along Senado Square before taking the ferry back to Hong Kong.

The next day i went to the viewpoint for the Tsing Ma Bridge, which is the Worlds Longest Suspended Road and Rail Bridge (even longer than the Golden Gate bridge) via MTR and Bus. I then went to Snoopy's World in Ta Shin which is accessible via the KCR line and dropped by the Avenue of the Stars before going home.

The next day I went to Stanley Market (Nice place to buy souvenirs).. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to buy anything since I was budgeting my money... Sorry friends... Stanley market is one popular attraction for foreigners there. You'd also pass by Repulse Bay, which is one of the best beaches in Hong Kong. Lastly, I had to go to Causeway Bay to pick Yna from school.

The next day, I had to pick up my mom and my aunt from the airport to join the tour... with me, being their tour guide. We went to Victoria Peak unfortunately, it was too cloudy at that time and wasn't able to see a clear view of Hong Kong... A walk in the clouds... hehe... It was a good thing for me that I was able to see the Peak at the best weather the last time I was in Hong Kong. We tried to catch the Duck Ling Junk which is a free ride for tourist but missed it for a few minutes. FYI... the junk is a harbour tour around Hong Kong which is free for visitors. Then preceeded to Tsim Sha Tsui in Kowloon to await for the Symphony of light which was a breathtaking site at night.

The next day, we were suppose to go to Disney but there was a black storm so we just rerooted to a mall in Tai Koo Shing and Central for a round of shopping.

The next day, we went to Ocean Park which was in reality a lot bigger than Disney-Hong Kong in terms of features, having a theme park rides, aquariums for fishes, dolphin shows, games, and two separate parks connected by cable cars. The dolphin show was great and the aquarium for jelly fish was both colorful and eye catching. We then proceeded to Times Square in Causeway Bay for dinner.

The Sunday was spent for Disneyland Hong Kong. The rides were great plus we had a photo with Mickey and Donald. We went to space mountain, river cruise and other rides and shows. Overall, it was still a great visit even if there were occasional rains during the day. Good thing I bought one of the Disney Raincoats. Lastly, the fireworks was a splendid site to cap the hong kong visit.

The next day, we all took our flight home... it was a good break!!!

No comments: