Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Inkblogs: The Last Chapter (Friendster on 4.21.06)




It was on November 2003 that I started my MBA classes at Ateneo... fresh out of SGV and just starting to build a niche at Medtecs... It was a fun-filled ride made special by new friends made and new challenges conquered... I'd always remember MBA as more of an experience than a burden...

Two years after I took my first subject, I took my last subject at Ateneo... the course that integrates all the learnings into one strategic paper to be defended to a panel of faculty members - Strategic Management...

It was a tensioned filled trimester as both school and work pressures were at its peak... but somehow, even at the worst of times, there's always a way out...

Tai - One - two - three - four

Approaching the deadline, I had to go to Taiwan on a business trip and return just in time to submit my paper. It was my fourth trip to Taiwan and probably the hardest annual report I made in Medtecs with the financial statements having over 80 pages...

I returned on the day of the deadline to submit my paper after which is was time to loosen up a bit before the dreaded defense of my paper...

One lax weekend in Baguio

As a breather, I returned to my hometown, Baguio City, with some of my classmates from Ateneo (Alpha, Ronald, Chelsea and Jo). It was quite ironic that at this trip the places we went to were the best place to be in times you'd want to relax (Tam awan Village, Strawberry Farm and Camp John Hay). Of course, a trip to Baguio won't be complete without a bit of sleep...

Blast from the past

This was followed by a trip back memory lane with a reunion of sorts with my high school friends (Carlo, Chuck and John Mark) and a dinner with Jacy, one of my SGV friends now based in New York... Also met with a few friends (Flor, Neville and Jun) for Jun's despedida who'll now be working in Canada.

Then came the preparation

The next few days were quite tensioned filled as I was preparing for my defense but being back to Baguio for the Holy Week, I was able to sneak a lot of sleep... (Hey, what else should you do in Baguio)...

The Finale

Yesterday, I successfully defended my strategic paper to a panel and officially earning my MBA degree and ending a chapter in my life... but this chapter should carryover friends and memories in graduate school... as well, as the hard earned medal I'll be receiving come graduation day... and after which its a new beginning...

Sneak peak

In the next chapter... sorry I still don't know much except there are several out of the country trips next week to Singapore and next month to Hong Kong... and the rest of the events has yet to unfold...

No comments: