Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Inkblogs: Balikbayan Blues (Friendster on 11.3.05)


With the frantic pace of exodus out of the country, it's such a refreshing view to see people come back here even for a while.

Been on my third visit to Taiwan last October 24 on a business trip. This time I didn't tour the place as I have probably visited most of Taiwan's attractions in my past two visits. I just dropped by Taipei 101, World's tallest skyscraper the day before I went home.

Auntie Letty and Uncle Oca came from the US to be here for a few weeks. I just saw them for one day since they arrived in Baguio City the same day I was to go back to Manila. We had dinner at Giligans Baguio together with my mother, sister, cousins and nephews. Well, my Auntie Letty was much help when I was still studying it was a good thing I had free time to meet her again. The case was different when my two cousins arrived last month since I was so busy that the only commincation I had with my cousins was just a phone call.

Yesterday, I had dinner with friends Joie, Jhun, Flor and Neville at Centro on the occasion of Joie's short vacation on the Philippines. Her first visit here since she started working in Singapore last January. After which, we had a round of singing at Music21 in Malate. FYI for Edmond and Christian... It was Jhun who paid for dinner...

In a week, I'd have to "balik-labas" instead of "balikbayan" since I have to be on a short business trip to China in the cities of Shandong and Shanghai... Well, after that, it's time to go balikbayan once again... hehe...

No comments: